Organizing your home and belongings for retirement just got easier
If retirement is approaching or already here, you may be thinking about selling your large home. Organizing and downsizing your belongings doesn’t mean erasing the memories and emotions attached to them. Rather than downsizing, which may make you feel sad or overwhelmed, try looking from a different perspective. Think of this new chapter in your life as “rightsizing” your environment to suit your changing lifestyle.
How can you gain perspective on what to keep? Whether you want to pass on treasured family heirlooms or just wish to de-clutter, organizing your future just got easier with the free Rightsizing Planner from Friendship Village Columbus.
The planner includes a lifestyle calculator to compare your current monthly expenses with those of an inclusive senior living community like FVC. You may be surprised how affordable our community fees are in comparison to mortgage, property taxes, utilities, maintenance and home expenses.
Other benefits to “rightsizing” or moving to an active senior living community include:
- No more interior or exterior maintenance
- Plan for future healthcare needs
- Make new friends
- Cut the clutter
- Enjoy the opportunity to go through treasured mementos, share those memories and pass on keepsakes to children or grandchildren
- Take comfort in knowing items you donate to charity will bring happiness and comfort to others in need
- Get excited about purchasing new items for your new space
- Implement a fresh new decorating style
- Enjoy security in your new place
- Participate in scheduled activities and outings
- Enjoy hobby rooms, library, fitness room and walking paths without leaving the community
- Don’t want to cook? Enjoy a meal with friends in the dining room