February is the month dedicated to love, hearts, and valentines, but love extends beyond family, spouses, and friendships. Do you love what you do and where you live? Maybe you love your family home, but don’t love the time involved with upkeep. If you’re interested in the idea of moving to a worry-free senior living community in central Ohio, here are 10 reasons to plan, live, and love your retirement at Friendship Village Columbus.
10 Reasons Why You Should Choose FVC
- Location, location, location! FVC is centrally located to many of the area’s shopping, dining, and entertainment attractions, such as Polaris, Easton, Westerville, and Worthington. Travelers love our proximity to the John Glenn International Airport.
- So many choices! FVC residents appreciate the many choices of floor plans, healthcare options, and amenities under one roof. FVC offers studio, one-, two-, and even three-bedroom apartments. If you like the idea of a senior living community but prefer a little more privacy, then consider a two-bedroom garden apartment with patio on our campus and just steps away from the main building.
- Are you a planner or do you take each day as it comes? It doesn’t matter here. It doesn’t matter here. FVC offers a choice of contracts. A Life Care contract provides the greatest control over limiting your future healthcare costs. For a one-time full entry fee, you receive secured, predictable pricing for unlimited use of assisted living and healthcare services for the rest of your life. Life Choice contracts have a lower entrance fee and provide a discount on future healthcare costs. If you have long-term care insurance, this is an option to consider. A rental contract works well for those who prefer no upfront entry fee and a pay-as-you-go option.
- Don’t feel like cooking? Enjoy a chef-prepared meal served by our friendly dining staff.
- Are you a nature lover or gardener? Indulge both hobbies here. Whether you like to work the soil or simply enjoy the view, our 23-acre campus features numerous landscaped gardens and Friendship Woods, a Certified Wildlife Habitat of trees and native plants. Friendship Woods includes a surfaced walking trail to accommodate mobility devices; 12 benches to rest, visit, or bird watch; and a gazebo to sit and enjoy the view. Safety railings installed at the overlook, gazebo, and south entrance make the space accessible to many residents. Fun fact: Our campus features more than two miles of outdoor walking paths, so you can walk a different route each day!
- We emphasize living well here. Enjoy our on-campus fitness studio and take classes offered by the full-time fitness coordinator. Our art studio and wood shop provide an artistic outlet.
- Picture your active lifestyle. FVC offers more than 50 resident clubs, committees, and social groups. From resident council to musical groups (chimes choir, Village Singers, and instrumental groups), book club to walking club (Fun fact: get your steps in without going outside with more than three miles of interior hallways), you’ll find a group that matches your interests. FVC’s life-enrichment staff plans a full calendar of on-site events and day trips, as well.
- Pets are welcome here. Many residents have small dogs or cats that bring joy to our community.
- Maintenance-free living. A major perk of moving to a senior living community is no more yard work or home maintenance. We even have housekeeping services available for residents.
- New friends await. FVC is filled with active and engaging older adults with a variety of interests.