How Friendship Village Columbus is Responding to COVID-19
Update as of 4/1/2020
Update on the use of facemasks at FVC: As you know, the safety of our residents and staff is our number one priority. Based on the information we’re receiving from our industry trade association, we anticipate an order will soon be issued for staff to wear facemasks when interacting with residents.
Out of an abundance of caution, we are being proactive and not waiting. Starting Thursday, April 2nd, any staff member who has resident contact or interaction will wear a facemask. This includes all outside providers such as hospice or home health workers.
We DO NOT have any cases of COVID-19 at Friendship Village Columbus. We are taking this action to provide as much protection as possible to residents and staff.
Update as of 3/13/2020
At Friendship Village Columbus, we take the health of our residents, staff, and families very seriously. As a result, we are being proactive in our efforts to limit the spread of viral infections, including COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus). We are diligently following the guidance of the Ohio Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
As of March 12, 2020, and until further notice, Friendship Village Columbus is closed to outside visitors except for families of those residents receiving end of life care. We understand that this may be viewed as excessive, but we want to limit the risk for our residents. We know family and resident connections are important and we will assist with alternative ways for communication, such as phones and other devices.
For all questions and concerns, please read the FAQ’s below or reach out via Updates@fvcolumbus.org
Frequently Asked Questions for Friendship Village Columbus Family and Friends
- How long is the visitation restriction going to last?At this time there is no specific date the visitation restrictions will be lifted. FVC will follow the guidance of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Ohio Department of Health (ODH).
- How do I keep informed/stay connected?Please look for updates on the Friendship Village Columbus Facebook page and our website, www.fvcolumbus.org. There is an email address, email@example.com, for any non-emergency communication or questions. Also, be on the lookout for emails from us with new information and updates.
- I do my loved ones laundry, how will that be coordinated?While visitation is restricted, FVC will be doing all resident laundry. If you have clothing you need to bring in, you may drop it off with the receptionist at the Health Care Center entrance. We are labeling resident laundry and doing individual loads of laundry to ensure all items are returned to the correct resident.
- I need to bring something to my loved one, how do I do that?Please try to limit any drop-offs to urgent matters and necessities. The items that you need to get to your loved one can be brought to the Health Care Center entrance and left with the receptionist.
- How do I coordinate a phone or video call with my loved one?A process is being set up to allow family to call in and schedule a time for their loved one to call or FaceTime/Skype with them. Be on the lookout for an email with the details of this process.
- Tax AppointmentsIf the resident had an appointment with AARP to have their taxes done at FVC, those appointments have been canceled.